My family absolutely loves this Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Cream Cheese Icing. I am completely gluten and dairy free, however some of my family is not. Sometimes I make these for them, and they can’t stop raving! Babes! You guys are going to love these!! Your whole house will smell like a cinnamon roll! Let’s get started!
Ingredients for Pancake Batter:
2 cups flour measured with a spoon, do not sift
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp white granulated sugar
2 1/3 cups low fat buttermilk or 1 tbsp of vinegar for every cup of milk used
unsalted butter for cooking
Ingredients for Cinnamon Filling:
1/3 cup unsalted butter, creamed (do not melt it completely or your filling will be runny)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze:
4 tbsp butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions for Cinnamon Filling (prepare this first):
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie, tie the baggie so that the filling is densely packed into the corner, and set aside.
*If you melted your butter too much and your filling is runny, let it sit for at least 30 minutes or longer so that it gets thick. You do not want it runny. You can also try setting the baggie with the filling into the refrigerator for some time to help it harden should it be too runny.
Instructions for Pancake Batter:
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in a medium bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk just until combined.
Instructions for Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a medium glass or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and cream cheese until creamy, but not completely melted.
- Whisk together until smooth. This process can take a bit. At first, the cream cheese and butter mixed together will look lumpy and weird.
- Continue whisking together and I promise you it will start looking creamy and smooth after a bit. Once you have whisked the butter and cream cheese together until it is completely smooth, then you are ready to whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Once complete, scoop this glaze into a zip baggie. Tie the baggie so that the filling is densely packed into the corner and set aside.
Time to cook the pancakes!!!!
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over low heat.
*Please make sure the heat is low so that the cinnamon filling does not burn. If your filling starts burning, one of two things is happening or a combination of both: 1) your heat is too high and/or 2) your cinnamon filling is too runny due to your butter being too melted instead of creamy.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray. I use Pam.
- Scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle until desired pancake size is reached.
- Snip the corner of your cinnamon filling baggie and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the underside. This usually takes about 1-2 minutes more.
- Transfer the pancake to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- When ready to serve, snip the corner of your cream cheese filling baggie. Make sure you snip the corner a decent size so that your cream cheese swirl is nice and chunky. This gives it a nice, cinnamon roll look.
- Swirl the cream cheese in circles onto a stack of pancakes.
- Pour your favorite syrup on top and enjoy these cinnamon roll pancakes!
Let me know what you babes think of this Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe! Make sure to tag me on all your pics on Instagram, @realdenisewilliams. I can’t wait to see! Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a gluten free and dairy free alternative to something sweet, you would love the recipe for my banana bread. Let me know what you think! Super Moist Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe (lifewithdenise.com)